Dan and Kallie

Dan and Kallie

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Honeymoon

Our wedding and honeymoon were incredible. I often cry to myself that my wedding is over. I am so sad that the day went by so fast and now its done. I am happy to be settled in to our new "home" but I miss the hype and excitement of the wedding day. I wish I would have enjoyed it a little more. I was so stressed and worried about who was doing and who wasn't doing what they were supposed to be doing.



But anyway, on our wedding night we stayed at the Grand America. That has been my dream and I was so thankful that Dan made that dream come true. Also, it was also my dream to check into the hotel in my wedding dress. So we did that too. The hotel wasn't as busy at 11:00 pm as I had hoped it would be. I wanted everyone to see me in my dress. I am very shallow apparently. But we checked in and then went to our awesome room on the 26th floor. It was overlooking Salt Lake City and it was breathtaking! We also got these chocolate covered strawberries that looked like tuxedos and a letter to "Mr and Mrs Richey." I loved it. Thanks babe for the great night....:)!!


For our honeymoon, we went to an All-Inclusive Resort in Cancun, Mexico call Barcelo. It was amazing! We left Saturday morning, EARLY....like 4:00 am! We were only in our hotel room for about 5 hours. It was tiring! But we got to Mexico and it was raining! Pouring! I was instantly upset, but it was already 3:30 and we would get to our hotel until about 5 anyway, so we weren't going to the beach that day. We got there and got our bags all taken are of and I think we went to go eat. All the food and drinks were included, so of course we we were going to take advantage of that! We got to our room and then I wanted to take a shower since I had hairspray gallore from the wedding day. So we got ready and went to eat.

Our honeymoon was filled with the beach, the pool, eating, eating, eating, hanging out, sleeping in, shows at night, formal dinners, and all the drinks we would hope for! We had so much fun and we feel so blessed that we were able to go on such a great vacation! Enjoy the pics! (Pic overload coming....)

2 comments:

  1. I went to the Grand America on my wedding night too! It was fun to walk in with my wedding dress on and get all the attention (but I got there about 9pm). Now when Taylor and I drive to downtown SLC, he says "That's where I lost my..." (well, you know :)

    I'm glad Dan took my suggestion for the Grand. I kept asking "Where are you going for your wedding night and honeymoon?" Your time in Mexico looks so fun! Congrats on your first few weeks together, Mrs Richey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun Kallie. Sounds like you had the perfect honeymoon! Still so sorry I couldn't be there on your special day!

    ReplyDelete